Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Desert ... God's painting canvas!

It was so profound to see the amazing colours in the midst of this desert wilderness. Whether it was looking up into the sky or around at the mountains, there was the most beautiful colours in the gift of God's creation in this place. Here is some of what I mean ...


In my photography courses, we were taught to look up and see what was above us. I'm happy I did because there was much to see!

While at Ghost Ranch, many of the days brought clear blue skies with the odd cloud here and there. I enjoyed those moments I had to just look up into the literal blue sky. There were sunsets and sunrises too that were captivating in their beauty. Even when the dark clouds came in threatening a rain storm, there was beauty in the dark gray against the browns of the mountains.

Remember to look up from time to time; it's amazing the beauty you will see!

Then there was the experience of walking into what the ranch referred to as its "painted desert". Again such astounding colours in the different rock formations ... various shades of brown, red, and gray. Of course, there was the odd flowering cactus and green bushes too that added to the display of colour. Such awesome beauty in what nature has provided through God's creation.


God has painted a wonderful masterpiece in the gift of creation. Colours are everywhere around us; some vibrant and others more subtle. I am thankful for these opportunities to be touched by what God has painted on the canvas of the earth and sky. I want now to try and be more attentive wherever I may be to the artwork God has created for us to see, experience and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment