Friday, June 3, 2016

Bounteous harvest ...

Yesterday I spent some time at one of the local farmer's markets. There is such a bounty of fruits and vegetables that are colorful, with different textures and tantalize the taste buds.






This is one of my favorite times of the year. As one who enjoys cooking, I'm able to eat things that were grown locally. There is a freshness that adds to the delicious taste. As a photographer, the colors are so vibrant and inviting.

And of course, there is the spirituality of remembering with gratitude all that God blesses us with. I also enjoy the anticipation of what harvest is yet to come over the coming months. The local strawberries are out; the field tomatoes are yet to come. Delicious!! And all gifts from God!! 

As I drive around the area, it grieves me that so much of our farmland is being redeveloped into subdivisions and strip plazas and condominiums. I think we'll be sorry for that someday. I only pray that we will preserve some of the farmland for future generations. 

I encourage each of us to head out to a farmer's market and offer support by purchasing local produce. You won't regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment